Ten key publications:
1. Pieler, T., Hamm, J. and Roeder, R.G. (1987) The 5S gene internal control region is composed out of three distinct sequence elements, organized as two functional domains with variable spacing. Cell 48, 91-100.
2. Guddat, U., Bakken, A.H. and Pieler, T. (1990) Protein mediated nuclear export of RNA: 5S rRNA containing small RNPs in Xenopus oocytes. Cell 60, 619-628.
3. Theunissen, O., Rudt, F., Guddat, U., Mentzel, H. and Pieler, T. (1992) RNA and DNA binding zinc fingers in Xenopus TFIIIA. Cell 71, 679-690.
4. Rudt, F. and Pieler, T. (1996) Cytoplasmic retention and nuclear import of 5S ribosomal RNA containing RNPs. EMBO J. 15, 1383-1391.
5. Bellefroid, E., Bourguignon, C., Hollemann, T., Ma, Q., Anderson, D.J., Kintner, C. and Pieler, T. (1996) X-MyT1a Xenopus C2HC type zinc finger protein with a regulatory function in neuronal differentiation. Cell 87, 1191-1202.
6. Hollemann, T., Chen, Y., Grunz, H. and Pieler, T. (1998) Regionalized metabolic activity establishes boundaries of retinoic acid signalling. EMBO J. 17, 7361-7372.
7. Afelik, S., Chen, Y. and Pieler, T. (2006) Combined ectopic expression of Pdx1 and Ptf1a/p48 results in the stable conversion of posterior endoderm into endo- and exocrine pancreatic tissue. Genes and Dev. 20, 1441-1446.
8. Koebernick, K., Löber, J., Arthur, P., Tarbashevich, K., and Pieler, T. (2010) Elr-type proteins protect Xenopus Dead end mRNA from miR-18-mediated clearance in the soma. PNAS 107, 16148-16153.
9. Bauermeister, D., Claußen, M. and Pieler, T. (2015) A novel role for Celf1 in vegetal RNA localization during Xenopus oogenesis. Dev. Biol. 405, 214-224.
10. Claußen, M., Lingner, T., Pommerenke, C., Opitz, L., Salinas, G. and Pieler, T. (2015) Global analysis of asymmetric RNA enrichment in oocytes reveals low conservation between closely related Xenopus species. Mol. Biol. Cell. E15-02-0115